Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spring, where are you?

Think spring! I had to post this picture of my Mom growing her incredible eggplant. No matter what she grew it was wonderful and the plants looked the healthiest one can imagine. She used to make her own compost for her wonderful garden!

I will not fight with the deer this year, but will plant what they don't like. Our yards are not only home to many deer, but a few were born in the yard -- triplets!

I will plant arugula, kale, herbs, etc., but unfortunately no tomatoes or squash unless I can figure out where to hide them. I have already purchased Irish Spring soap and have other deer repellants, but to make it to our dinner table it will have to be something the deer don't like to eat!

A picture of my Mom in 1938, when she was 21 years old is on the cover of my book, Walk Forward,
on Amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Forward-ebook/dp/B009H6Y7AC in paperback and in Kindle format. One need not own a Kindle as the Ebook can be read in the Amazon cloud), book's trailer is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp7uQap6p2M



No comments: